Physical Activity Team
Physical Activity Team Goals
- Complete a Walkable assessment of the community.
- Inventory sidewalks, and identify sidewalk gaps
- Conduct localized audits to assess condition and safety of sidewalks
- Use the Health Impact Assessment to identify policies to enhance walkability.
- Develop an online survey to identify important pedestrian crossings to determine how safety could be improved
- Use social media to identify key barriers to walkability
- Complete a Bikable assessment of the community.
- Use the Health Impact Assessment to identify policies to enhance bikability.
- Assess and improve existing maps of bike routes
- Engage local bike groups and bike shops for input on enhancing bikability.
- Use the Bike Friendly Community website as a planning resource
- Assess the availability and quality of natural and built assets for outdoor recreation.
- Use the HCRG Beta Site Findings Report to identify shortcomings
- Develop a Needs Assessment Survey to get public input how safety could be improved